Saturday 26 July 2008

Battle tour.

Went on a coach trip of the Gettysburg battle sites today, with commentary. A 3 day battle condensed into 2 hours. As you can imagine, the surface was only scratched, but the appetite whetted.

The battleground has, wait for it, 1,300 memorials, statues or stones on it, I have never seen so much commemorations in my life. The whirlwind tour was very good (and like everything on this trip, excellent value) but it was only after visiting the new National Battlefield visitor centre that things fell into place. I mean, I did not even know what had kicked off the civil war in the first place and it was never explained. The visitor centre was free and the displays and video pieces were excellent, it really bought home not only Gettysburg, but the whole civil war.

PM I spent a little time giving the bike a little TLC before she sails back, in other words, she had a good wash in a car booth. I'm sure she appreciated it, although I will be glad when I can give her a good polish, she deserves it, she has been great, thanks Blackie!

Did my second ghost tour (there are 13 separate companies doing ghost tours, now what does that tell you) and this one was much better than last nights, and covered different ground and stories. Whilst standing listening to the guide, I was fascinated watching the little firefly's lifting off the ground, you could see little lights rising about 18 inches off the ground and then going out - or were they orbs?????

Also, whilst standing outside a building that was a field hospital during the war I saw 3 bats flying around, no one else seemed to notice, or if they did nothing was said.

For those interested in ghosts and the paranormal, the Most Haunted team is having a 6 hour live special from Gettysburg on October 10th, got that in your diary Marie? I will be able to say I've been there!

Saw a cool dog wash today, will post a photo tomorrow - keep you in suspense, dog lovers, bet you would like one at home when you see it!

2 comments:

Kez said...

hope you drop the bike off ok.
they probably were orbs!! (watch our wedding video.. there are some on there too!! SPOOKY!!)

MARIE AND MARK AND SCOOBY said...

HI NICK

MUST BE ORBS

MARIE XX