Thursday 22 May 2008

Another step completed

We had a great weekend in Northern Ireland at the NW200 races, however the races were marred by the death of Robert Dunlop during the Thursday evening practice. His 250cc bike siezed at about 160mph and he was thrown over the bars and was struck by a following biker.

He succumbed to his injuries later in the evening.

On Saturday race day, the 1st race was the 250cc race that Robert was practicing for, this race was an absolute thriller and was won by Roberts son, Michael. Believe me, the emotion from the crowd was enormous with many race fans shedding tears. Michael, I don't know how had the courage to race but, well done! Loads of respect.

Anyway, the rest of the races on Saturday were superb, all being very close finishes and most being won by daring moves at the last chicane. If you get a chance to go to the NW200 - go!!!!

Got home from Ireland on the Sunday afternoon, changed the luggage rack on the Blackbird, then caught the early boat to Liverpool on the Monday morning.

Rode down to Birmingham where I caught up with my parents and my eldest daughter, Lisa. My other daughter, Kerrie, whose birthday it was, had travelled to London for a couple a days. (Sorry Kez, won't see you for a few months now, hope you had a good birthday)

On the Tuesday morning I rode down to Southampton to deliver my bike to the shipping company, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics, who will be shipping her to Newark, New York.

The guys there were very helpful and the bike is booked on Independence II which sails on 31st May, so should be ready to be picked up by myself on 10th June.

So, thats it, all set and just over 2 weeks to go.

2 weeks of the TT races here on the Isle of Man, so should go pretty quick. Can't wait.

No comments: