Tuesday 1 July 2008

Jed meets the Law

Had a fairly short ride today, only 167 miles, but it was boiling hot! That hot I was forced into riding without my jacket, something I don't really like doing.

As I pulled up at Ponderay, near Sandpoint, there was a Ponderay Police vehicle parked at the motel. When I walked in I met Police Officer Chrystle Osborne of the Ponderay police Dept. A really small dept with one chief, one detective and I think Chrystle said 6 patrol officer. Thats one small force after working in the West Mids where we had 7,000 plus officers. My Motorway unit alone had nearly 200 officers when I left.

Gave Chrystle a couple of badges and she in return gave me a Ponderay badge and a local Fire unit patch and pretty impressive they are too.

Blagged Chrystle into having her photograph taken with Jed, Jed likes to keep the police on his side for all his little ways, as he says, he would rather have them in the boat pissing out than out of the boat pissing in!!!!! I don't know where he gets these ideas from.

Thanks Chrysltle, it was very much appreciated.

I will put more on my next post as I am short of time today as I am in the Spokane public library and only get 15mins useage.

No comments: