Thursday 10 July 2008

Shipping the bike back

I know it early to think of shipping the bike back but arrangements have to be made.

Have had to contact a shipping agent to book the bikes passage back and when I said I wanted to book back via Newark there was a sharp intake of breath. It was pointed out to me that customs at Newark are being awkward at the moment (don't I know it!!) and she suggested that if I could make it, it would be easier to sail back from Baltimore.

After consulting the maps I see that Baltimore is a little further south than New York and just north of Washington, so change of plan, I will be making towards Baltimore at the end of the trip. I will then have to travel by plane or train up to JFK as that is where my flight leaves from. Will have to look into this - will give me something to do during my lonely evenings!

4 comments:

Kez said...

nice of them to tell you about customs!
at least now you can plan around it.
let us know how the bum stuff goes!
lots of love. xxx

Robert said...

Hiya mate, finally managed to work out to leave a comment. It sounds like you are having a great trip and the blog is brilliant. You are missing nothing here but lots of rain. re your comment about Rob Leyland he is on rest days now but if I see him at Laxey football on saturday morning I will tell him about the tumbleweed. Take care mate, speak to you soon, Rob

The Evans's said...

Hi Nick
Don't forget to say hello to Yogi Bear and Boo Boo at Jellystone park a spin off from Yellowstone park, and don't forget Yogi is "smarter than the average bear" so watch out for your "pic-a-nic basket" Oh and don't let Jed get too friendly with them he might not want to come home!
By the way Dads new pal is a Donkey hence the surname Heskey.
Have fun Jackie,Steve and James

RobLey said...

Alright mucker! Like Rob F finally worked out how to leave a message! Sounds like you are having an amazing time! Obviously I'm very jealous!! It's raining on the rock and has been for ages. I spoke to Rob at football, by the sound of things all you need to go with the bell and tumbleweeds is a funeral procession! Anyway I look forward to seeing you again along with the millions of photo's. Take care see you soon Rob.